10 Gadgets Dad Needs for Father's Day
NEW YORK (MainStreet) -- Here's a Father's Day gift idea: Try giving him something he won't shove to the back of his sock drawer by Labor Day.
Father's Day brought in nearly $11 billion in spending last year, according to research firm IBISWorld, but how much of it went toward something he even remembers? Nearly $1.4 billion spent on clothes? That's just another tie in the rack. Another $1.3 billion on gift cards? We're sure he appreciates the whole 30 seconds it took to grab him one from the drugstore.
The man occasionally wants something that's not going to just make his life easier, but that he'll enjoy. Something he stands a chance of using through next Father's Day or the one after that. No, discount tickets to see his favorite team destroy a league cellar-dweller in late September don't count. We took a little shopping trip and found 10 gifts and gadgets that have a chance of holding his interest long after his Fudgie The Whale ice cream cake melts:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV