Retired Navy Seal Elliott John Miller was on his fourth deployment in Iraq providing cover to a Marine patrol when he was seriously injured by a grenade explosion. As his fellow soldiers carried him to the safety of a medical vehicle, another roadside bomb exploded wounding him even more severely. This changed his life forever.
Wells Fargo and the Military Warriors Support Foundation (MWSF) are committed to helping veterans, like Miller, who have served their country and have special needs as a result of that service. The goal of their efforts is to help successfully transition these veterans back to civilian life after experiencing life-threatening injuries. For his service and sacrifice, MWSF selected Miller to receive one of their mortgage free homes donated by Wells Fargo. Miller officially received the keys to the home during a special ceremony at his new address in El Cajon, CA, where he will live with his wife and young son. The home donation was announced in 2011 during an Anaheim Ducks game.
“We are honored to assist members of the military who have served our country so bravely,” said Jerry Quinn, Military Affairs program manager at Wells Fargo. “Working with Military Warriors Support Foundation to donate homes to our veterans in need is just one of the many ways we salute our military through service. We hope the Millers will enjoy their new home and that it contributes to improving his quality of life after all he has done for our country.”
“I am grateful for Military Warriors Support Foundation and Wells Fargo Bank for this exciting gift,” Miller said. “This house will give me an opportunity to live again and have hope for life. I used to provide for my family and now I can rest easy at night knowing my wife and son will have their own secured place.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV