1. Dollar Shave Club
Michael Dubin didn't want to waste time buying refills for one of the most regular and mundane parts of a person's day -- shaving. He also didn't see the need to buy razors with vibrating handles or LEDs. He just wanted a simple, inexpensive razor. Sound familiar?
Dubin's struggles inspired him to start a service that saved men money and the time spent shopping for razors or replacement blades, launching in March the Dollar Shave Club with a humorous homepage video that has fueled its popularity.
It's a membership-based website that delivers high-quality replacement blades to customers who pay a few dollars per month, depending on the package they choose, the company says.Dollar Shave Club offers three models to customers, including (plus shipping and handling): "The Humble Twin," a two-blade razor ($1/month);
"The 4X", a four-blade razor ($6/month);
"The Executive," a six-blade model for a luxury shave ($9/month). Dollar Shave Club will be launching a women's line and other products in coming months, the company says.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV