Copart (CPRT) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.6%. By the end of trading, Copart fell 36 cents (-1.5%) to $23.46 on average volume. Throughout the day, 731,453 shares of Copart exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 569,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $23.39-$23.97 after having opened the day at $23.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $23.82. Other company's within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: Mecox Lane (MCOX), down 4.8%, Francescas Holdings (FRAN), down 3.5%, and Zagg (ZAGG), down 1.9%. Copart, Inc. provides online auctions and vehicle remarketing services in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. Copart has a market cap of $3.08 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.1, equal to the average specialty retail industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 4.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are no analysts that rate Copart a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Copart as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Copart Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CPRT
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV