Finish Line Inc (FINL): Today's Featured Retail Loser
Finish Line (FINL) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.4%. By the end of trading, Finish Line fell 18 cents (-0.9%) to $18.73 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.3 million shares of Finish Line exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $18.56-$19.13 after having opened the day at $19.01 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.91. Other company's within the Retail industry that declined today were: Acorn International (ATV), down 7.3%, Alon Holdings Blue Square - Israel (BSI), down 4.2%, Conn's (CONN), down 3.5%, and Michael Kors Holdings (KORS), down 3%. The Finish Line, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a mall-based specialty retailer in the United States. It operates Finish Line stores that offer performance and athletic casual footwear, apparel, and accessories for men, women, and kids. Finish Line has a market cap of $1.01 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.6, equal to the average retail industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 2.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are nine analysts that rate Finish Line a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Finish Line as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, revenue growth, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Finish Line Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV