Manulife Financial Corporation (MFC): Today's Featured Insurance Loser
Manulife Financial Corporation (MFC) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1%. By the end of trading, Manulife Financial Corporation fell 12 cents (-1.1%) to $10.37 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.4 million shares of Manulife Financial Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $10.34-$10.62 after having opened the day at $10.52 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $10.49. Other company's within the Insurance industry that declined today were: Kingsway Financial Services (KFS), down 9.6%, Crawford & Company (CRD.B), down 4.8%, Unico American Corporation (UNAM), down 3.7%, and Independence Holding Company (IHC), down 2.9%. Manulife Financial Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, provides financial protection and wealth management products and services to individuals and group customers primarily in Asia, Canada, and the United States. Manulife Financial Corporation has a market cap of $19.05 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 95.8, above the average insurance industry P/E ratio of 74.4 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 2.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are six analysts that rate Manulife Financial Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Manulife Financial Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock has had a generally disappointing performance in the past year.
- You can view the full Manulife Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV