Warner Chilcott (WCRX) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.4%. By the end of trading, Warner Chilcott fell 18 cents (-1%) to $18.21 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.6 million shares of Warner Chilcott exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.6 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $18.10-$18.49 after having opened the day at $18.47 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.39. Other company's within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Prima Biomed Ltd. ADR (PBMD), down 16.1%, Alexza Pharmaceuticals (ALXA), down 12.3%, Aegerion Pharmaceuticals (AEGR), down 10.9%, and Opexa Therapeutics (OPXA), down 10.9%. Warner Chilcott plc, a specialty pharmaceutical company, focuses on the development, manufacture, and promotion of branded pharmaceutical products in women's healthcare, gastroenterology, dermatology, and urology segments in North America and western Europe markets. Warner Chilcott has a market cap of $4.65 billion and is part of the drugs industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.3, below the average drugs industry P/E ratio of 15.3 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 2.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Warner Chilcott a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Warner Chilcott as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Warner Chilcott Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV