Human Genome Sciences Inc (HGSI): Today's Featured Drugs Loser
Human Genome (HGSI) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, Human Genome fell 16 cents (-1.2%) to $13.10 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3.3 million shares of Human Genome exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.9 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $13.10-$13.28 after having opened the day at $13.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.26. Other company's within the Drugs industry that declined today were: Prima Biomed Ltd. ADR (PBMD), down 16.1%, Alexza Pharmaceuticals (ALXA), down 12.3%, Aegerion Pharmaceuticals (AEGR), down 10.9%, and Opexa Therapeutics (OPXA), down 10.9%. Human Genome Sciences, Inc. operates as a biopharmaceutical company in the United States. Its principal products include BENLYSTA for systemic lupus erythematosus; and raxibacumab for inhalation anthrax. Human Genome has a market cap of $2.67 billion and is part of the health care sector. Shares are up 81.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate Human Genome a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Human Genome as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and generally weak debt management.
- You can view the full Human Genome Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV