Sensata Technologies Holding B.V (ST) pushed the Consumer Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Durables loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1%. By the end of trading, Sensata Technologies Holding B.V fell 53 cents (-1.8%) to $29.31 on average volume. Throughout the day, 911,222 shares of Sensata Technologies Holding B.V exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 999,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $29.10-$29.83 after having opened the day at $29.83 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.84. Other company's within the Consumer Durables industry that declined today were: Entertainment Gaming Asia (EGT), down 16.3%, Johnson Outdoors (JOUT), down 7.6%, Escalade (ESCA), down 4.3%, and Mattress Firm (MFRM), down 3.8%. Sensata Technologies Holding N.V., through its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, and sells sensors and controls primarily in the Americas, the Asia Pacific, and Europe. It operates in two segments, Sensors and Controls. Sensata Technologies Holding B.V has a market cap of $5.37 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 101.1, below the average consumer durables industry P/E ratio of 104.6 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 14.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are five analysts that rate Sensata Technologies Holding B.V a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Sensata Technologies Holding B.V as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, disappointing return on equity and premium valuation.
- You can view the full Sensata Technologies Holding B.V Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about ST
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV