Tesoro Corporation (TSO): Today's Featured Basic Materials Loser
Tesoro Corporation (TSO) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Tesoro Corporation fell 32 cents (-1.4%) to $21.96 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5.1 million shares of Tesoro Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.8 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $21.68-$22.48 after having opened the day at $22.26 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.28. Other company's within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Tri-Valley Corporation (TIV), down 23.1%, China Natural Resources (CHNR), down 15.8%, Lake Shore Gold (LSG), down 10.5%, and China Precision Steel (CPSL), down 6.9%. Tesoro Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in refining and marketing petroleum products in the United States. It operates in two segments, Refining and Retail. Tesoro Corporation has a market cap of $3.22 billion and is part of the energy industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 6.6, equal to the average energy industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 4.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are six analysts that rate Tesoro Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Tesoro Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, attractive valuation levels, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Tesoro Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV