HDFC Bank Ltd (HDB): Today's Featured Banking Loser
HDFC Bank (HDB) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, HDFC Bank fell $1.04 (-3.4%) to $29.83 on average volume. Throughout the day, 815,473 shares of HDFC Bank exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 762,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $29.75-$30.54 after having opened the day at $30.35 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.87. Other company's within the Banking industry that declined today were: Credit Suisse (DGAZ), down 42%, Jacksonville Bancorp Inc (FL (JAXB), down 13.3%, Credit Suisse Group (CS), down 9.4%, and Porter Bancorp (PBIB), down 7.9%. HDFC Bank Limited provides banking and financial services to individuals and businesses in India. The company offers savings, current, and demat accounts, as well as accepts fixed and recurring deposits. HDFC Bank has a market cap of $24.55 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 26.9, above the average banking industry P/E ratio of 24.1 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 6.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there is one analyst that rates HDFC Bank a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates HDFC Bank as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, increase in net income, impressive record of earnings per share growth and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full HDFC Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV