AT&T Inc (T): Today's Featured Telecommunications Winner
AT&T (T) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, AT&T rose 69 cents (2%) to $35.67 on average volume. Throughout the day, 30 million shares of AT&T exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 28.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $34.88-$35.92 after having opened the day at $34.89 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.98. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Lumos Networks (LMOS), up 10.6%, Nexxus Lighting (NEXS), up 10%, Aviat Networks (AVNW), up 6.1%, and IDT Corporation Class B (IDT), up 6.1%. AT&T Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides telecommunications services to consumers, businesses, and other providers worldwide. AT&T has a market cap of $205.09 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 50.7, below the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio of 51.4 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 12.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate AT&T a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and 16 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates AT&T as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full AT&T Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV