News Corp (NWSA): Today's Featured Media Winner
News (NWSA) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, News rose 30 cents (1.5%) to $19.86 on average volume. Throughout the day, 19.4 million shares of News exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 15.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $19.51-$20 after having opened the day at $19.56 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $19.56. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: Entravision Communications Corporation (EVC), up 8.8%, Constant Contact (CTCT), up 8.6%, Outdoors Channel Holdings (OUTD), up 8.5%, and Imax Corporation (IMAX), up 7.3%. News Corporation operates as a diversified media company worldwide. News has a market cap of $31.97 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.7, equal to the average media industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 4.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate News a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates News as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- You can view the full News Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV