Akamai Technologies (AKAM) pushed the Internet industry higher today making it today's featured internet winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Akamai Technologies rose 39 cents (1.3%) to $29.95 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.5 million shares of Akamai Technologies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $29.55-$30.24 after having opened the day at $29.57 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.56. Other companies within the Internet industry that increased today were: Remark Media (MARK), up 9.6%, LiveDeal (LIVE), up 8.6%, HomeAway (AWAY), up 6.2%, and Shutterfly (SFLY), up 5%. Akamai Technologies, Inc. provides content delivery and cloud infrastructure services for accelerating and improving applications over the Internet in the United States and internationally. Akamai Technologies has a market cap of $5.42 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 28.8, equal to the average internet industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 15% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Akamai Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Akamai Technologies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Akamai Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about AKAM
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV