BRF - Brasil Foods SA (BRFS): Today's Featured Consumer Goods Winner
BRF - Brasil Foods (BRFS) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, BRF - Brasil Foods rose 44 cents (2.8%) to $16.29 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.3 million shares of BRF - Brasil Foods exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.9 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $15.91-$16.32 after having opened the day at $15.98 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.85. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Champion Industries (CHMP), up 23.1%, Alliance One International (AOI), up 11.2%, Mad Catz Interactive (MCZ), up 10.9%, and Spartech Corporation (SEH), up 9.6%. BRF - Brasil Foods S.A., together with its subsidiaries, engages in raising, producing, and slaughtering poultry, pork, and beef in Brazil and internationally. BRF - Brasil Foods has a market cap of $13.85 billion and is part of the food & beverage industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 32.4, above the average food & beverage industry P/E ratio of 24 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 20.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are two analysts that rate BRF - Brasil Foods a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates BRF - Brasil Foods as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full BRF - Brasil Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV