Smart Balance (SMBL) is a marketer of functional food products in the U.S. and Canada under the Smart Balance, Earth Balance and Bestlife. This stock is trading up 6.5% at $7.77 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $7.32-$7.9852-Week Range: $4.47-$7.50 Volume: 574,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 338,267 >>3 Hot Stocks to Survive Summer From a technical perspective, SMBL is ripping higher here on above-average volume. This move today has now pushed SMBL into breakout territory since the stock has moved above some near-term overhead resistance at $7.49 with high volume. At last check, SMBL has hit an intraday high of $7.99, and volume is well above its three-month average action. Traders should continue to look for long-biased trades as long as SMBL is trending above its breakout levels of $7.05 to $7.49 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume days near or above 338,267 shares with the stock above those breakout levels as bullish.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV