Mips Technologies (MIPS) is a provider of industry-standard processor architectures and cores for digital home, networking and mobile applications. This stock is trading up 6.4% at $6.61 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $6.37-$6.6952-Week Range: $3.87-$8.27 Volume: 930,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 976,166 Shares of MIPS are soaring today after the company said China-based Nationz Technologies has licensed its microprocessors for use in mobile payment products. >>7 Value Stocks to Buy in Facebook's Wake From a technical perspective, MIPS is moving sharply higher here on decent volume as the stock bounces right off its 50-day moving average of $6.34. This move is quickly pushing the stock within range of a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once MIPS moves above some near-term overhead resistance at $6.89 to $7.10 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades as long as MIPS is trending above its 50-day and once it sustains a move or close above $6.89 to $7.10 with volume that's near or above 976,166 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then MIPS has an excellent chance of re-testing and possibly taking out its next major resistance level of $7.38.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV