XenoPort (XNPT) is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing a portfolio of internally for the treatment of neurological disorders. This stock is trading up 10.2% to $5.70 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $5.28-$5.6352-Week Range: $3.46-$7.90 Volume: 502,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 416,331 Shares of XNPT are ripping higher today after Wells Fargo initiated the stock with an outperform rating and a price target of $7 to $9. Analyst Brian Abrahams said, "While the opportunity for marketed agent Horizant and phase III candidate arbaclofen placarbil may be more modest, we believe their combined future revenue streams put a floor in valuation near where the shares currently trade." >>22 Biopharma Stocks Poised for Breakouts in 2012 From a technical perspective, XNPT is skyrocketing today right near its 50-day moving average of $5.07 with above-average volume. This move is quickly pushing the stock within range of a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once XNPT takes out some overhead resistance at $6.35 to $6.43 with high volume. Traders should continue to look for a long-biased trade as long as XNPT is trending above its 50-day, and once it takes out $6.35 to $6.43 with volume that's near or above 416,331 shares. If we get that action soon, then XNPT could easily explode higher towards $7 to $8 in the near-term. On the flipside, I would avoid this stock if it were to move below some major near-term support at $5 with heavy volume.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV