After the Close
Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. (BBBY)
Who They Are: Bed Bath & Beyond is a nationwide operator of superstores selling predominantly better-quality domestics merchandise. It trades an average of 2.4 million shares per day with a marketcap of $16.6 Billion.
BBBY is anticipated to report fantastic first quarter earnings after the market closes on June 20. The consensus estimate is currently 84 cents a share, an improvement of 12 cents, or 14.3%, from 72 cents during the same period last year.The trailing 12-month price-to-earnings ratio is 17.5, the mean fiscal year estimate price-to-earnings ratio is 15.11, based on earnings of $4.62 per share this year. For the same fiscal period year-over-year, revenue has improved to $8.76 billion last fiscal year compared to $7.83 billion in the previous year. The bottom line has rising earnings year-over-year of $791.33 million last fiscal year compared to $600.03 million in the previous year. BBBY stock has gone up, up, and away in a perfect trend-following angle, and the price-to-earnings ratio is low enough to support continued price appreciation. I expect the average analyst price target will get raised as long as BBBY doesn't drop the ball during earnings. Industry and Peers Comparison:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV