The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) is trading up 84 points (+0.7%) at 12,580 as of Thursday, Jun 14, 2012, 10:35 a.m. ET. During this time, 134.8 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 712 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 2,040 issues advancing vs. 789 declining with 129 unchanged. The Dow component leading the way higher looks to be Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), which is sporting a 38-cent gain (+0.6%) bringing the stock to $64.83. This single gain is lifting the Dow Jones Industrial Average by 2.88 points or roughly accounting for 3.4% of the Dow's overall gain. Volume for Johnson & Johnson currently sits at nine million shares traded vs. an average daily trading volume of 11.7 million shares. Johnson & Johnson has a market cap of $173.24 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are down 5.1% year to date as of Wednesday's close. The stock's dividend yield sits at 3.9%. Johnson & Johnson engages in the research, development, manufacture, and sale of various products in the health care field worldwide. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.3, equal to the average drugs industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates Johnson & Johnson as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Johnson & Johnson Ratings Report.
Latest Headlines about JNJ
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV