An under-$10 name in software and programming complex that's trading within range of a major breakout trade is Mitek Systems (MITK), which is engaged in the development, sale and service of software solutions related to mobile imaging applications and intelligent recognition software. This stock is stock has been destroyed by the bears so far in 2012, with shares down by over 60%.
If you take a look at the chart for Mitek Systems, you'll notice that this stock topped out back in March at just under $13 a share. After forming that top, shares of MITK plunged with big selling volume to under $6 a share. Then, in early May, this stock gapped down big from over $5 to under $3 a share with heavy volume. Following that gap-down, the stock has continued to trend lower and it's recently hit a low of $1.90 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV