The trailing 12-month price-to-earnings ratio is 17.8, the mean fiscal year estimated price-to-earnings ratio is 15.66, based on earnings of $1.99 per share this year.
For the same fiscal period year-over-year, revenue has improved to $3.80 billion in the last fiscal year compared to $2.95 billion in the previous year. The bottom line has rising earnings year-over-year of $774.68 million for the last fiscal year compared to $386.50 million in the previous year.
During the last month, the stock has fallen -3.41%. The shares are trading right in between the 200-day moving average providing support and the 90-day moving average presenting resistance. Short interest is small at just over 3%. The earnings multiple is a little rich compared to Microsoft (MSFT) and other tech companies, but so is the growth.
Industry and peer comparison:Jabil Circuit (JBL) The Company: JBL is a worldwide independent provider of electronic manufacturing services. JBL trades an average of 3.1 million shares per day with a market cap of $4 Billion. JBL is anticipated to report rising third-quarter earnings after the market closes on Tuesday. The consensus estimate is currently 56 cents a share, an improvement of 7 cents (12.5 percent) from 49 cents during the same period last year. The trailing 12-month price-to-earnings ratio is 9.3, the mean fiscal year estimate price-to-earnings ratio is 8.3, based on earnings of $2.25 a share this year. Investors are receiving 32 cents in dividends for a yield of 1.71 %. In the last month, JBL has dropped -3.21%, like most of the market. Overall I would rate the stock as oversold and due for a bounce. The short interest isn't elevated so don't expect a short squeeze; however, the stock is beat up enough to bounce on its own. JBL will have to put up the numbers on the board, but if they do, expect a nice move higher.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV