NATICK, Mass., June 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Kurzweil Educational Systems®, a division of Cambium Learning® Technologies, announced today the release of Kurzweil 1000 ™ Version 13 for Windows®. Kurzweil 1000 is award-winning software that makes printed or electronic text accessible to people who are blind or visually impaired, and combines traditional reading machine technologies such as scanning, image processing and text-to-speech with communication and productivity tools which ease and enhance users' reading, writing and learning experiences.
New features in Kurzweil 1000 Version 13 include:
- Camera support for HoverCam®, in addition to ABiSee's Zoom-Ex and Eye-Pal, to provide fast access to print documents using these portable, affordable, and readily available cameras
- EPUB® support that allows reading of EPUB documents and the ability to write EPUB documents that can be read on portable devices, such as an iPhone
- Support for Microsoft® Speech Platform, giving users access to more than a dozen additional text-to-speech voices in a variety of languages
- Users can now choose the audio output device for the selected voice
- An OCR upgrade to ABBYY® FineReader® 10 and ScanSoft 18 to increase accuracy when recognizing documents and reduce time spent fixing errors in recognition
"We are excited to present Kurzweil 1000 Version 13 to the public," said Alex Saltonstall, general manager, Kurzweil Educational Systems and IntelliTools®. "Every day, people with low vision or blindness depend upon Kurzweil 1000 to make printed text accessible to pursue their interests, whether at work or in school. We are proud to serve these individuals and offer them the latest advancements in our technology."
Kurzweil 1000 Version 13 is now available for purchase and upgrades.About Cambium Learning Technologies Cambium Learning Technologies designs and publishes instructional technology for students in general and special education ranging from preK to adult, including four- industry leading brands: Learning A-Z, ExploreLearning, Kurzweil Educational Systems and IntelliTools. Cambium Learning Technologies is a business unit of Cambium Learning Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: ABCD) based in Dallas, Texas. For more information, visit www.cambiumtech.com . About Cambium Learning Group, Inc. Cambium Learning® Group (Nasdaq: ABCD) is the leading educational company focused primarily on serving the needs of at-risk and special student populations. The company is comprised of three business units: Voyager Learning provides comprehensive print and online intervention solutions, professional development , and school turnaround offerings and includes Lincoln National Academy, Class.com, and Voyager Education Services; Sopris Learning is known for supplemental solutions including assessment, supplemental intervention, positive behavior supports and professional development; and Cambium Learning Technologies develops instructional and assistive technology and represents IntelliTools®, Kurzweil Educational Systems®, Learning A–Z, and ExploreLearning. Believing that all students can achieve, Cambium Learning Group is committed to providing evidence-based support and expert professional services to empower educators and increase student achievement. Learn more at www.cambiumlearning.com . Media Contact: Debby FrohbieterMarketing CoordinatorCambium Learning TechnologiesKurzweil Educational Systems • IntelliTools781.276.0671 email@example.com Investor Contact: Chris ClevelandCambium Learning Group214.932.9474 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Cambium Learning Group, Inc.; Kurzweil Educational Systems
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV