FatTwin is available in 8 DP node (SYS-F617R2-R/F Series) and 4 DP node (SYS-F627R2/R3/G3-F/R Series) SKUs with versatile configurations featuring:
- Dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 series support
- Up to 512GB ECC Reg. DDR3-1600MHz SDRAM in 16 DIMM sockets
- 2x SATA3 (6Gbps) and 4x SATA2 (3Gps) ports supporting RAID 0, 1, 5,10
- 8x SAS 2.0 (6Gbs) (LSI 2208) RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60; (LSI 2308) RAID 0, 1, 10
- Up to 12x 2.5" or 8x 3.5" hot-swap HDDs (4 node), 6x 2.5" hot-swap HDDs (8 node)
- 3x double-width GPU cards (G3 series)
- Up to 3 PCI-E 3.0 x16 or 2 PCI-E 3.0 x16 plus 1 PCI-E 3.0 x16 (low-profile), 1 PCI-E 3.0 x8 (low profile), and 1 PCI-E 2.0 x4 (low profile)
- 2x 1GbE LAN ports and 56Gbps ConnectX-3 FDR InfiniBand or 10GbE options
- IPMI 2.0 + KVM w/dedicated LAN
- Platinum Level high-efficiency (95%+) Digital Switching Power Supplies
- Supermicro Data Center Manager (DCM), SuperDoctor® III, Watch Dog
Additional 4U FatTwin configurations are scheduled for release in early Q3 2012 including a 2 node solution featuring massive storage and GPU capacity and a model with 4x full-width 1U nodes that feature increased airflow and high-density compute and storage capacity.
FatTwin delivers maximum performance, efficiency and versatility for scientific, research, engineering, and enterprise organizations requiring high-performance, scalable computing and storage solutions for mission-critical applications. The platform is optimized for process intensive database driven applications including Big Data and Hadoop analytics, gas and oil exploration, computational finance, search engines, design and modeling, simulation and many other applications.
For complete information on Supermicro's new high performance, high-efficiency FatTwin™ architecture, visit
. For more information on Supermicro's comprehensive line of server, storage and complete integrated SuperRack® solutions visit
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI), the leading innovator in high-performance, high-efficiency server technology is a premier provider of advanced server Building Block Solutions® for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, HPC and Embedded Systems worldwide. Supermicro is committed to protecting the environment through its "We Keep IT Green
" initiative and provides customers with the most energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly solutions available on the market.
Supermicro, FatTwin, SuperServer, 1U Twin, 2U Twin2, SuperRack, Building Block Solutions, SuperDoctor and We Keep IT Green are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Super Micro Computer, Inc.