NEWTON, Mass., June 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Ambient Corporation (NASDAQ: AMBT), a leading provider of secure, flexible and scalable smart grid communications and applications, announced the release of the latest version of its network management system, AmbientNMS®, a purpose-built suite of integrated software applications for real time fault, performance analysis, and reporting of characteristics of the medium and low voltage grid infrastructure.
This latest version of AmbientNMS features new tools for interpreting, arranging and sharing data, allowing the utility to create preselected users or groups, with the ability to create an experience custom-tailored to that individual's role, tasks and priorities:
- Auto-discover devices without user input / intervention
- Enhanced customizable lists and maps may be viewed at various levels such as state, city and street level down to a single device's information
- Maps may be organized geographically or with electrical substation and circuit topology imposed on them
- Retrieve and present real time data such as energy use
- Create reoccurring reports from regularly collected data
- Control and share desired data-based metrics and users
- Configurable events and alarms based on user-defined thresholds to discern the urgent and important information amid the vast quantity of available data
- Enriched charting and export functions for subsequent further analysis
- Forward events such as outage notifications to (user-defined) third-party applications
John J. Joyce, President and CEO of Ambient Corporation, commented, "A smart grid network management system is critical to the successful implementation of smart grid initiatives. The AmbientNMS is designed to support multiple levels of scaling, and this latest release is a testament to our commitment to continually enhance our products with additional features and functionality. AmbientNMS is presently managing over 100,000 nodes."The primary function of the AmbientNMS is to provide an extensible system for managing the communications network between grid devices and the existing back-office systems. The NMS can monitor and manage tasks, run discovery and status checks, query devices, and store and relay information and instructions between the NMS and the Ambient Smart Grid® Nodes. It distributes software upgrades to the nodes and manages other downstream devices conforming to existing standards.