Dexcom, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM) today announced that it has received CE Mark (Conformité Européene) approval for its fourth generation continuous glucose monitoring system, the Dexcom G4 ® system, enabling commercialization of the Dexcom G4 system in the European Union and the countries in Asia and Latin America that recognize the CE Mark.
The Dexcom G4 system is designed to help people with diabetes better manage their diabetes and control their glucose levels. Widely recognized as one of the leading causes of death and disability globally, diabetes is a chronic disease with no known cure that afflicts an estimated 366 million people worldwide, according to the International Diabetes Federation. Diabetes is a leading cause of adult blindness, end stage kidney failure and lower limb amputations. People suffering from diabetes are also more significantly at risk for cardiovascular disease and stroke.
"We are pleased to have CE Mark approval for the Dexcom G4 system. Although we believe the Seven Plus is already the best sensor on the market, we are especially proud of the Dexcom G4 system’s improved performance and reliability, which is reflected in the G4 system data we recently presented at the American Diabetes Association’s 72 nd Scientific Sessions. We look forward to working with physicians, nurses and diabetes educators to bring this important new technology to patients around the world," said Terrance H. Gregg, Dexcom's Chief Executive Officer. "We have been working diligently to establish a launch plan with our network of distributors outside the United States and plan to execute a phased launch of the G4 system in Europe during the coming months," added Mr. Gregg.
About Dexcom, Inc.Dexcom, Inc., headquartered in San Diego, California, is developing and marketing continuous glucose monitoring systems for ambulatory use by patients and by healthcare providers in the hospital.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV