BEIJING, June 14, 2012 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- UTStarcom Holdings Corp. ("UTStarcom" or the "Company") (Nasdaq: UTSI), a leading provider of interactive, IP-based network solutions in iDTV, IPTV, Internet TV and broadband for cable and telecom operators, announced today that it has won a contract from Sri Lanka Telecom ("SLT"), Sri Lanka's leading integrated communications, broadband and backbone infrastructure services provider, to supply set-top boxes for the telecom operator's IPTV system expansion.
UTStarcom's set-top boxes, which are part of the Company's RollingStream® end-to-end IPTV solution, will enable SLT to provide a number of interactive media services, including Live HDTV, Time Shift TV and Video-on-Demand, to its customers.
"This contract is our second big win in the Sri Lankan market in the last eight months," said UTStarcom's President and Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Jack Lu. Mr. Lu continued, "it reinforces our leading presence in Sri Lanka and enhances our market position in the Asia-Pacific region. We have provided IPTV solutions to SLT since 2008 and, under this contract, will further support the client's IPTV system expansion. Our cost-effective set-top boxes will allow SLT to deliver a rich and diverse range of interactive media services across a number of devices, which we believe will attract new IPTV users and expand SLT's customer base."
About UTStarcom Holdings Corp.
UTStarcom is a leading provider of interactive, IP-based network solutions in iDTV, IPTV, Internet TV and broadband for cable and telecom operators. The Company sells its solutions to operators in both emerging and established telecommunications and cable markets around the world. UTStarcom enables its customers to rapidly deploy revenue-generating access services using their existing infrastructure, while providing a migration path to cost-efficient, end-to-end IP networks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV