DAKAR, Senegal, June 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Ceragon controls 26% of the global long haul market in Q1 2012, up from 20% in Q4 2011
Ceragon Networks Ltd. (NASDAQ: CRNT), the #1 wireless backhaul specialist, announced today that it has retained its position as the world's largest long-haul wireless backhaul supplier for the second consecutive quarter. With a 26% share of the world's market, Ceragon has grown its long-haul business considerably from 20% in Q4 2011, building on its position as world leader in this area. This is according to the most recent microwave point-to-point report from Sky Light Research, an independent research firm focusing on wireless last mile WAN technologies.
"Ceragon is committed to making broadband more accessible for all, and to helping populations to bridge the digital divide," said Ira Palti, President & CEO of Ceragon Networks. " Africa is a key market for our long haul solutions, and we want to take this opportunity to thank our customers for continuing to partner with Ceragon as they build out their wireless networks.""In many regions around the world, and Africa in particular, national telecom backbone networks rely on high-capacity long-haul microwave links," said Emmy Johnson, Principal Analyst and Founder of Sky Light Research. "This makes long-haul backhaul technology a strategic element in both fixed and mobile operators' planning processes, often choosing a vendor based on strategic offerings and benefits rather than just bottom line metrics. The emergence of Ceragon as a leading long haul wireless backhaul supplier demonstrates how Ceragon's specialist approach combined with its breadth of products is working and winning deals with customers." Sky Light Research's Microwave Radio Point-to-Point Market Share Report measures commercial unit shipments and manufacturer revenue from direct and indirect sales channels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV