By Pete Najarian, co-founder of OptionMonster
NEW YORK -- Ensco (ESV) has been drilled lately, but option traders are looking for a rebound.
OptionMonster's tracking system showed volume surging in the July 46 calls Wednesday, with blocks trading for $1.15. About 2,600 of the options traded -- not huge, but well above previous positioning of just 131 contracts in the strike, indicating clearly that these are new positions.
Those calls lock in the purchase price for the stock, so they can deliver major leverage if Ensco rallies. But these options will expire worthless in about a month if no move takes place.The company provides contract drilling services to the energy industry, with rigs off Brazil, Europe, and Africa. The stock, already weakened along with most other oil and gas names, closed lower by 1.83% to $42.89 Wednesday and is down more than 25% since late February. Total option volume was twice its average daily amount in the session. Calls outnumbered puts by a bullish 12-to-1 ratio. Najarian has no positions in ESV.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV