Schultz discussed the decision to keep more of the company's business in the United States, focusing on Starbucks'
Create Jobs for USA Fund. For instance, Starbucks
These two efforts will create or preserve roughly 150 jobs. That's not a big number, but Schultz sounded genuine in his commitment to look for other opportunities. Several things he said struck me.
Because he doesn't expect Washington to get anything done between now and the presidential election, Schultz thinks corporate America has a responsibility to help fuel domestic growth. He talked about striking "a balance between profitability and responsibility." He also said pretty much the same thing
(FB) CEO Mark Zuckerberg relayed in his recent
Can Apple Do More?So Starbucks sacrifices a little bit on the bottom line (maybe) and spends some cash in an attempt to help boost domestic production. Clearly, it cannot incite meaningful change on its own. It's a bit like Bill Gates giving away half of his fortune. Nice gesture, but there's no sweeping impact until you enlist others to do the same. Even then, things still look relatively bleak.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV