VimpelCom (VIP) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, VimpelCom fell 41 cents (-5.2%) to $7.55 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.4 million shares of VimpelCom exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $7.52-$7.94 after having opened the day at $7.92 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.96. Other company's within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: eOn Communications Corporation (EONC), down 12%, Internet Gold Golden Lines (IGLD), down 11.4%, Nexxus Lighting (NEXS), down 11.1%, and B Communications (BCOM), down 7.2%. VimpelCom Ltd., a telecommunications service operator, provides voice and data services through a range of traditional and broadband mobile and fixed technologies. VimpelCom has a market cap of $12.39 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 45.1, below the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio of 51.1 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 23.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are two analysts that rate VimpelCom a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates VimpelCom as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in its earnings per share.
- You can view the full VimpelCom Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about VIP
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV