Telefonica SA (TEF): Today's Featured Technology Loser
Telefonica (TEF) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology loser. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Telefonica fell 6 cents (-0.5%) to $12.24 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3.3 million shares of Telefonica exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $12.17-$12.34 after having opened the day at $12.21 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $12.31. Other company's within the Technology sector that declined today were: Kingtone Wirelessinfo Solution (KONE), down 14.3%, A123 Systems (AONE), down 13.3%, eOn Communications Corporation (EONC), down 12%, and Internet Gold Golden Lines (IGLD), down 11.4%. Telefonica, S.A. provides fixed and mobile telephony services primarily in Spain, Latin America, and rest of Europe. Telefonica has a market cap of $54.81 billion and is part of the telecommunications industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 57.4, above the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio of nine and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 32.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there is one analyst that rates Telefonica a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Telefonica as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally poor debt management and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Telefonica Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV