Tenaris SA (TS): Today's Featured Metals & Mining Loser
Tenaris (TS) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Tenaris fell 70 cents (-2.2%) to $31.74 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of Tenaris exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.7 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $31.42-$32.13 after having opened the day at $31.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.44. Other company's within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Patriot Coal Corporation (PCX), down 12.4%, Atlatsa Resources (ATL), down 6.5%, Sinocoking Coal and Coke Chemicals (SCOK), down 6.5%, and Uranium Energy Corporation (UEC), down 6.3%. Tenaris S.A., through its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and sale of steel pipe products. Tenaris has a market cap of $18.63 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 27.9, above the average metals & mining industry P/E ratio of 12.7 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 17.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate Tenaris a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Tenaris as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Tenaris Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV