NetEase Inc (NTES): Today's Featured Internet Loser
NetEase (NTES) pushed the Internet industry lower today making it today's featured Internet loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, NetEase fell $1.49 (-2.5%) to $59.26 on average volume. Throughout the day, 778,639 shares of NetEase exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 737,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $59.08-$61.22 after having opened the day at $60.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $60.75. Other company's within the Internet industry that declined today were: MeetMe (MEET), down 11.1%, Friendfinder Networks (FFN), down 8.5%, Crexendo (EXE), down 6.4%, and ModusLink Global Solutions (MLNK), down 5.6%. NetEase, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in online games, Internet portal, and wireless value-added services businesses in China. It operates an online community and offers Chinese language content and services. NetEase has a market cap of $8.09 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.8, below the average internet industry P/E ratio of 20.2 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 32% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are eight analysts that rate NetEase a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates NetEase as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- You can view the full NetEase Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV