Northern Trust Corporation (NTRS): Today's Featured Banking Loser
Northern Trust Corporation (NTRS) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Northern Trust Corporation fell 66 cents (-1.5%) to $43.03 on average volume. Throughout the day, one million shares of Northern Trust Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $42.88-$43.69 after having opened the day at $43.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.69. Other company's within the Banking industry that declined today were: Colony Bankcorp (CBAN), down 16%, Monarch Community Bancorp (MCBF), down 10.4%, Popular (BPOP), down 7.3%, and WSB Holdings (WSB), down 7.2%. Northern Trust Corporation, through its subsidiaries, provides asset servicing, fund administration, asset management, and fiduciary and banking solutions for corporations, institutions, families, and individuals worldwide. Northern Trust Corporation has a market cap of $10.33 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 17, equal to the average banking industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 4.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Northern Trust Corporation a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Northern Trust Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Northern Trust Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV