Basic Sanitation Company Of The State Of Sa (SBS): Today's Featured Utilities Winner
Basic Sanitation Company of the State of Sa (SBS) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Basic Sanitation Company of the State of Sa rose $1.19 (1.6%) to $73.92 on average volume. Throughout the day, 417,454 shares of Basic Sanitation Company of the State of Sa exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 282,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $72.01-$74.02 after having opened the day at $72.48 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $72.73. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: American DG Energy (ADGE), up 8.2%, GreenHunter Energy (GRH), up 2.4%, Inergy L.P (NRGY), up 2.2%, and El Paso Electric Company (EE), up 1.8%. Companhia de Saneamento B sico do Estado de Sao Paulo - SABESP provides water and sewage services to residential, commercial, industrial, and governmental customers in the State of Sao Paulo. Basic Sanitation Company of the State of Sa has a market cap of $8.15 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.6, above the average utilities industry P/E ratio of 12.4 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 26.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there is one analyst that rates Basic Sanitation Company of the State of Sa a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Basic Sanitation Company of the State of Sa as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, increase in net income, revenue growth and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Basic Sanitation Company of the State of Sa Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV