Grupo Televisa S.A (TV) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Grupo Televisa S.A rose 23 cents (1.2%) to $19.61 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.3 million shares of Grupo Televisa S.A exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $19.21-$19.73 after having opened the day at $19.22 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $19.38. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: Seven Arts Entertainment (SAPX), up 28.6%, KIT Digital (KITD), up 18.7%, Dex One (DEXO), up 7.1%, and Tudou Holdings (TUDO), up 5.3%. Grupo Televisa, S.A.B. operates as a media company. Grupo Televisa S.A has a market cap of $10.7 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.2, above the average media industry P/E ratio of 0.8 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 9.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Grupo Televisa S.A a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Grupo Televisa S.A as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, generally poor debt management and disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Grupo Televisa S.A Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about TV
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV