Darling International Inc. (DAR): Today's Featured Materials & Construction Winner
Darling International (DAR) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.3%. By the end of trading, Darling International rose 16 cents (1.1%) to $14.36 on average volume. Throughout the day, 963,215 shares of Darling International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $14.04-$14.44 after having opened the day at $14.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.20. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: Continental Materials Corporation (CUO), up 6.7%, Perma-Fix Environmental Services (PESI), up 5.5%, Nortek (NTK), up 4.5%, and James Hardie Industries SE (JHX), up 4.2%. Darling International Inc. provides rendering, cooking oil, and bakery waste recycling and recovery solutions to the food industry. The company operates in two segments, Rendering and Bakery. Darling International has a market cap of $1.64 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.9, equal to the average materials & construction industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 5.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are three analysts that rate Darling International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Darling International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Darling International Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV