Tim Hortons (THI) pushed the Leisure industry higher today making it today's featured leisure winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.3%. By the end of trading, Tim Hortons rose 28 cents (0.5%) to $52.86 on average volume. Throughout the day, 211,999 shares of Tim Hortons exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 241,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $52.39-$53.21 after having opened the day at $52.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.58. Other companies within the Leisure industry that increased today were: Arcos Dorados Holdings (ARCO), up 4.2%, Canterbury Park Holding Corporation (CPHC), up 2.1%, and Premier Exhibitions (PRXI), up 2%. Tim Hortons Inc. develops, franchises, and operates quick service restaurants primarily in Canada and the United States. Tim Hortons has a market cap of $8.24 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.8, above the average leisure industry P/E ratio of 21.6 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 6.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Tim Hortons a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Tim Hortons as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations, increase in net income and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Tim Hortons Ratings Report.
- Use our leisure section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about THI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV