MasTec Inc. (MTZ): Today's Featured Industrial Goods Winner
MasTec (MTZ) pushed the Industrial Goods sector higher today making it today's featured industrial goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, MasTec rose 31 cents (2%) to $15.90 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of MasTec exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 735,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $15.52-$16.20 after having opened the day at $15.52 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.59. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that increased today were: ZBB Energy Corporation (ZBB), up 11.6%, Eastern (EML), up 9%, Continental Materials Corporation (CUO), up 6.7%, and Material Sciences Corporation (MSC), up 5.6%. MasTec, Inc., an infrastructure construction company, engages in engineering, building, installing, maintaining, and upgrading energy, communication, and utility infrastructure in North America. MasTec has a market cap of $1.24 billion and is part of the materials & construction industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.4, equal to the average materials & construction industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 8.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are six analysts that rate MasTec a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates MasTec as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full MasTec Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV