Talisman Energy Inc (TLM): Today's Featured Energy Winner
Talisman Energy (TLM) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, Talisman Energy rose 34 cents (3.2%) to $11.24 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 9.2 million shares of Talisman Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $10.72-$11.30 after having opened the day at $10.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $10.90. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Double Eagle Petroleum Company (DBLE), up 12.7%, HyperDynamics Corporation (HDY), up 10.4%, GeoGlobal Resources (GGR), up 9.8%, and Longwei Petroleum Investment Holding Limite (LPH), up 9.1%. Talisman Energy Inc., an upstream oil and gas company, engages in the exploration, development, production, transportation, and marketing of crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids. It primarily operates in North America, the North Sea, and southeast Asia. Talisman Energy has a market cap of $10.73 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 11, below the average energy industry P/E ratio of 11.9 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 18.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are nine analysts that rate Talisman Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Talisman Energy as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and generally poor debt management.
- You can view the full Talisman Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV