Corrections Corporation of America (CXW) pushed the Diversified Services industry higher today making it today's featured diversified services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1%. By the end of trading, Corrections Corporation of America rose 18 cents (0.7%) to $26.58 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.1 million shares of Corrections Corporation of America exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $26.22-$26.97 after having opened the day at $26.26 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.40. Other companies within the Diversified Services industry that increased today were: American Reprographics Company (ARP), up 11.6%, CD International (CDII), up 8.5%, Food Technology Service (VIFL), up 7.7%, and Intersections (INTX), up 7.6%. Corrections Corporation of America, together with its subsidiaries, owns and operates privatized correctional and detention facilities in the United States. Corrections Corporation of America has a market cap of $2.61 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.5, below the average diversified services industry P/E ratio of 17.6 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 24.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are five analysts that rate Corrections Corporation of America a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Corrections Corporation of America as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Corrections Corporation of America Ratings Report.
- Use our diversified services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CXW
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV