VeriSign Inc. (VRSN): Today's Featured Computer Software & Services Winner
VeriSign (VRSN) pushed the Computer Software & Services industry higher today making it today's featured computer software & services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, VeriSign rose 86 cents (2.1%) to $41.16 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.8 million shares of VeriSign exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of two million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $40.02-$41.48 after having opened the day at $40.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.30. Other companies within the Computer Software & Services industry that increased today were: Mitek Systems (MITK), up 13.3%, Webmedia Brands (WEBM), up 9.1%, Helios & Matheson Information Technology In (HMNY), up 8.6%, and Simulations Plus (SLP), up 7.1%. VeriSign, Inc. provides Internet infrastructure services to various networks worldwide. VeriSign has a market cap of $6.26 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 40, above the average computer software & services industry P/E ratio of 37.7 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 7.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are seven analysts that rate VeriSign a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates VeriSign as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, impressive record of earnings per share growth and increase in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
- You can view the full VeriSign Ratings Report.
- Use our computer software & services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV