Yamana Gold (AUY) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, Yamana Gold rose 18 cents (1.1%) to $16.30 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7.3 million shares of Yamana Gold exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $16.09-$16.62 after having opened the day at $16.28 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.12. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: USEC (USU), up 25.1%, Altair Nanotechnologies (ALTI), up 13.3%, Double Eagle Petroleum Company (DBLE), up 12.7%, and HyperDynamics Corporation (HDY), up 10.4%. Yamana Gold Inc. engages in the exploration, development, and production of mineral properties, primarily gold. It also explores for copper, molybdenum, zinc, and silver metals. Yamana Gold has a market cap of $11.69 billion and is part of the metals & mining industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.4, equal to the average metals & mining industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 9.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Yamana Gold a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Yamana Gold as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
- You can view the full Yamana Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about AUY
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV