Both Obama and Romney Out of Touch?
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- President Barack Obama released a Web video on Wednesday that attempts to reverse last week's gaffe when he said the private sector was doing fine.
The video also looks to portray Mitt Romney, his Republican opponent for the presidency, as out of touch.
"I have some great friends that are NASCAR team owners," Romney says in an audio clip played in the Web video. "I should also tell my story, I'm also unemployed."The one-minute video mashes together some nine moments on the campaign trail when Romney has made controversial comments that haven't helped the former Massachusetts governor's image among middle-class voters. The move appears to be another quick-hit attempt by the Obama campaign to mend fallout from comments the president made last Friday that: "It's very clear that private sector jobs are doing just fine." Unemployment remained at 8.2% in May, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, and job creation was disappointing during the month as well with nonfarm payrolls swelling by just 69,000, far below expectations. Obama's campaign has been on the offensive of late, attacking Romney's gubernatorial record with a Web video and television ad released earlier this week that criticized Massachusetts' unemployment rate and debt levels during his tenure. -- Written by Joe Deaux in New York. >Contact by Email. Follow @JoeDeaux
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV