"This center will provide opportunities to accelerate our researchers' best ideas and make real progress in bringing treatment advances to people with type 1 diabetes," said Matthias von Herrath, MD, a world-renowned researcher in auto-immune diseases and head of the new Novo Nordisk diabetes research center. "We are driven by the company's mandate to find a cure for type 1 diabetes – something that is unique for the pharmaceutical industry today."
The new center, which will be fully operational this summer, is located on the same premises as the Novo Nordisk Inflammation Research Center in order to foster natural research synergies between the two sites.
About Novo NordiskHeadquartered in Denmark, Novo Nordisk is a global healthcare company with 88 years of innovation and leadership in diabetes care. The company also has leading positions within hemophilia care, growth hormone therapy and hormone replacement therapy. For more information, visit www.novonordisk.com. For more information about our US activities, follow us on Twitter at @novonordiskus.
SOURCE Novo Nordisk
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV