Westmoreland Coal Company (NasdaqGM:WLB) announced today that Texas Westmoreland Coal Company’s Jewett Mine was presented with the 2012 Railroad Commission of Texas Coal Mining Reclamation Award for its “ Jewett Mine Stream Restoration Initiative” project. Mr. John Caudle, Director of the Surface Mining and Reclamation Division for the Railroad Commission, presented the award to Texas Westmoreland on June 12, 2012 in Austin, Texas. The Railroad Commission congratulated the Jewett Mine on its achievement and recognized Texas Westmoreland for its innovative techniques in stream channel restoration, which have resulted in reduced flooding, increased stream storage, decreased velocities, and heightened infiltration.
“Westmoreland takes reclamation seriously at all of its operations and is committed to the highest reclamation standards,” commented Bob King, Westmoreland’s President and Chief Operating Officer. “We are proud to have been recognized for our stream reclamation efforts at the Jewett Mine.”
On February 2, 2012, the Jewett Mine also achieved an important milestone with regard to its continued commitment to environmental excellence and stewardship. February 2nd marked three years without the Railroad Commission of Texas, the Office of Surface Mining or the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality issuing the mine a Notice of Violation.
About Westmoreland Coal CompanyWestmoreland Coal Company is the oldest independent coal company in the United States. The Company’s coal operations include coal mining in the Powder River Basin in Montana, sub-bituminous mining in Wyoming, and lignite mining operations in Montana, North Dakota and Texas. Its power operations include ownership of the two-unit ROVA coal-fired power plant in North Carolina. For more information, visit www.westmoreland.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV