Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NYSE: TEVA) today announced that data from studies of AZILECT ® (rasagiline tablets) and Parkinson’s disease (PD) will be featured at the 16 th Annual International Congress of Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders in Dublin, Ireland, 17-21 June 2012.
More than fifteen abstracts will highlight data from ongoing and completed studies of PD and AZILECT ®, a MAO-B inhibitor for the treatment of PD, in the areas of pre-clinical, clinical and health economics research.
“We are proud of the variety of topics and quality of research results that will be presented at MDS this year,” said Dr. Michael Hayden, President of Global R&D and Chief Scientific Officer, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. “We are committed to ongoing collaboration with academia, medical institutions and patient advocacy groups to continue our understanding of the role AZILECT ® may play in the treatment landscape for the PD community – patients, their families and friends, and healthcare professionals.”
Presentations include:Ongoing studies assessing effects of AZILECT ® treatment on motor and non-motor PD symptoms, both as monotherapy and when added to ongoing dopamine agonist therapy:
-  Evaluating the Efficacy of Rasagiline on Depressive Symptoms and Cognition in Parkinson’s Disease Patients without Dementia: the ACCORDO Study (Session PD Clinical Trials: 18 June 2012 at 12:45 PM IST) Paolo Barone for the ACCORDO Study Investigators, Salerno, Italy
-  A Placebo-controlled, Randomized, Multicenter Study of Rasagiline as Add-on Therapy to Dopamine Agonists for Treatment of Early Parkinson’s Disease: the ANDANTE Study (Session PD Clinical Trials: 18 June 2012 at 12:45 PM IST) Robert Hauser, Tampa, FL,USA; Azhar Choudhry, Kansas City, MO, U.S.
-  A Comparative Study on Safety and Tolerability of Rasagiline Versus Pramipexole in Early Parkinson’s Disease: the ACTOR Study (Session PD Clinical Trials: 18 June 2012 at 12:45 PM IST) Francois Viallet, Provence, France, Severine Pitel, Marseille, France, Sylvie Lancrenon, Bourg la Reine, France, Oliver Blin, Marseille, France
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV