The S&P 500 was rising slightly, up 0.08% to 1,325.
Shares of Dell rose 4.43% to $12.50. The PC maker said Tuesday it will begin paying a quarterly dividend of 8 cents a share. The first dividend payment will be made in the third quarter.
Dell trades at an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 6.37 times; the average among its peers is 15.73. For comparison, Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) has a higher forward P/E of 6.7.Seventeen of the 34 analysts who cover Dell rated it hold. Fifteen analysts gave the stock a buy rating and two rated it sell. The stock has fallen 14.56% year to date. -- Written by Alexandra Zendrian
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV