SAN DIEGO, June 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Novatel Wireless, Inc. (Nasdaq: NVTL), a leading provider of intelligent wireless solutions, today announced that its machine-to-machine (M2M) CDMA2000 1X module, the Enabler® HS 3001 has been certified for use on the Verizon Wireless network. The module supports CDMA 800 and 1900 MHz and a rich on-board N4A Communication and Management Software agent to provide speedy market introduction of M2M Deployments on Verizon Wireless' CDMA Network.
"We are excited to expand our module portfolio for our M2M customers by offering a future-proof module on the Verizon Wireless network," said Rob Hadley, CMO of Novatel Wireless. "Our proven form factor supports rapid product development, robustness in the field, and scalability as our customers' needs grow."
The Enabler HS 3001 is ideal for addressing industry challenges for automotive, healthcare, retail, transportation and utility with high reliability and a future-proof design. Building on the proven design of the Enfora Enabler series, the Enabler HS 3001 low power platform delivers small size and industry-leading performance, reliable connectivity, and device intelligence needed for today's demanding M2M applications. These include security, remote maintenance and control (RMAC), automatic vehicle location (AVL) and asset tracking, point of sale (POS), mHealth, and advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) and automatic meter reading (AMR).
Michael Palmer, vice president of global product strategy and alliances for Verizon Enterprise Solutions, said, "Verizon is helping to make embedded M2M more cost-effective and widely adopted. The Novatel Wireless HS3001 provides a high-quality alternative for original equipment manufacturers to develop the next wave of devices that can address industry-specific challenges and unlock new business opportunities in the marketplace."The flexible, modular architecture delivers simpler, faster development and deployment of applications, keeping enterprises connected to business-critical data anywhere, anytime with the following benefits:
- A 100-pin connector form factor
- Support of essential features:
- Voice (optional)
- Packet Data TCP/IP and UDP/IP software stack with Packet Assembler Disassembler
- Common footprint across all our modules
- Dimensions: 28 x 25 x 4.5 mm
- FOTA enabled
- Board-to-board RF electrical interface
- Supports UART and USB interfaces.
- Optional Integration with CMS solution for quick development and deployment
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV